Mod Tab, And Why We Need It.

• English

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mod Tab, And Why We Need It.

Hello people of wifi. My minecraft name is OmbreDeLaLune. I have mod packs on my individual minecraft account, unfortunately on Aternos you can only have one at a time. So to improve this, here is my suggestion. Remove mods out of "server versions" or where ever it currently is, but continue with bringing it back home to Aternos as its own individual page. So for example of what i am talking about:

The Question It Will Ask You: As an individual player of minecraft, do you have mods on your individual minecraft account?

If no please continue to ignore this tab.

If yes however please add to the list below which mods & which versions that you have so we can add them to your server for more fun and enhance your experience with your friends!

[ +] [ ]
      [ ] [ ]
      [ ] [ ]
    • Instead of having it as one mod at a time, make it as a separate tab, to have more than one mod. For example i have a furniture mod, a cars mod, and a more doors mod. The tab would provide giving a better choice of having more than one mod on the server at a time instead of having it as one mod every time you change your server version.
      ~Phantom_Runes
    • Oh, WTF.
      I quoted the wrong post. :D
      That's the right one:

Roman wrote:

We still have that on our ideas list, but we discussed the "multiple mods" topic last week in our team meeting.

For now it doesn't make really sense.
      If we add a feature, we want to keep it simple, understandable and usable for everyone. The work and time we would invest into adding this is too huge for the small amount of users who would use it.

Our current statistics show that modpacks and mods are only used by a small amount of people. Keeping all that stuff up to date is already a huge work where only some people benefit from.
    • It doesnt make- its makes more sense why barely anyone is using the mods cause you can only use one at a time, it makes more sense because on your individual minecraft account you can have more than one, if i have to rephrase myself i will: i never asked for anyone to drop everything and focus on this idea or me. I personally hate being focused on i am a mess when im put on the spot. All my suggestion is asking is remove mods from server versions and turn it into its own tab so you can have more than one mod at a time. It would have been better if saying "at some point when we do get around to it or if we remember the idea by then we will try and test it first before releasing it as an official thing." Instead of saying its not possible for the near future. I understand there are bigger priotities that need to be done and understand im not trying to waste anyones time, if i could tell you it was completely possible i would, but i cant i know nothing about programming, its just sad to see when we cant do something that actually doesnt seem that hard, there are literally people who invented cars that could drive themselves whether its parking or straight up driving that itself is car programming to even get it to do that. But again what am i talking about if i know nothing about programming, im not here to tell you what to do just make suggestions on what to do.
      ~Phantom_Runes
    • Yes, you're right. Just removing the mod tab from software and replacing it with "forge" and a small mod browser like our plugin browser is not that hard.
      But the result would not meet our expectations.

In addition, most of our users are still very young and have probably only recently discovered Minecraft for themselves.
      To offer such a feature in this simple style would be too much for many.

Furthermore, it is the case that most of our users play Vanilla followed by spigot/buccit and modpacks.
      Actually, it is the case that the effort to maintain the mod area is not worth the effort compared to the number of users who actually use it.
      So it would make no sense for us at the moment to invest more work here.

It is of course true that the possibility to use multiple mods stimulates more people to use it. However, this again also means extreme support effort.

In order to keep it low, you just have to make the modsection so easy, that everyone can handle it without any problems and possible problems can be avoided in advance.
      To achieve this it is simply not done with a modbrowser and requires something much bigger which is not worthwhile at the moment.
    • Yes, kids who probably have watched minecraft youtubers who have used plugins like skydoesminecraft, deadlox, TrueMU, Aphmau and her husband, and basically every minecraft youtuber. They would understand what a mod is if they watch others who play minecraft, unless you mean the kids who arent even born yet or the ones who cant use the internet which is a very little list then yes i agree that they wouldnt know. Also if mods isnt worth the effort to maintain them then why do you have them on the website in the first place? If you needed a new option for that just keep them all on one version, like 1.12 for example, if all the mods are on the same version and restricted to the same version would it make it that much harder to maintain if your keeping all of them in the same area to keep the site balanced? If that is the case then i will gladly stop talking and stop trying to help people and just go be on single player.
      ~Phantom_Runes
    • Phantom_Runes wrote:

They would understand what a mod is if they watch others who play minecraft, unless you mean the kids who arent even born yet or the ones who cant use the internet which is a very little list then yes i agree that they wouldnt know.
      Haha, LOL! If you knew.

Phantom_Runes wrote:

If you needed a new option for that just keep them all on one version, like 1.12 for example, if all the mods are on the same version and restricted to the same version would it make it that much harder to maintain if your keeping all of them in the same area to keep the site balanced? If that is the case then i will gladly stop talking and stop trying to help people and just go be on single player.
      Assuming all mods currently available on our site have the same version. Then the next Minecraft update at the latest would cause a lot of noise because some mods are not updated.
    • If i knew? No your right, as a human myself i know nothing. I know nothing about coding, about being a human, about interacting with people. As a suggestion that came out of my head i clearly know nothingn about what i said, oh yes please forgive me for stating an idea that is now deemed impossible for any generation to make. Please forgive me for not knowing how hard you all work for what you do and know, forgive me for not knowing how long it takes to make something, forgive me for not knowing how much hard work goes into these things. Forgive me for knowing absolutely nothing about humanity and how theyve lost their push to do the "impossible". I am always wrong anyways even if i try to prove im not, forgive me. But dont bother with it either, the idea. Now if youll exuse me.

Isolation Complete: 95%.
      ~Phantom_Runes