Ram required for a server

• Hi, first of all i already know that i can't add morE RAM to an Aternos Server, but i would like to know how much RAM a server needs to support 5 people and 40 Mods... I really like Aternos but the limited RAM dedicated to the servers makes almost impossible playing with mods and 5 or 6 people at the same time, so im going to host the server and i need to know how much RAM i need to give to the server. I have 32 GB of RAM,
    I will appreciate it if you guys dont say to me "The more, the better" please:D 3GB would be enough?

• The RAM in your computer doesn't have anything to do with the aternos server, keep in mind

• The RAM in your computer doesn't have anything to do with the aternos server, keep in mind

LIke Bluewy and i said, i already know that, that's why i wont use Aternos and i will Host the server... My pc is going to be the server, so i need to know how much RAM a server of that specifications needs

• I wanted to know because after a while using my computer as a server, my friends wanted to enter the server even if i was not connected, so i rent a server, that's why i was asking so i can buy a cheap one... i picked one of 3GB and luckily for me that was enough for 60 mods and and 7 players... even when somebody was running around in the nether and another player was in the aether (sky dimension mod) the server never lagged, at some point the server was using 2800 RAM but that was after playing for 9 hours xD
    I just restarted it and againg started to use only 1900 RAM.
    So yeah, if you for some reason want to rent a server to play with mods, 3GB are enough for 8 or 10 people with 60+ mods

• Roman

Closed the thread.