Connection Lost Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: Java.io.IOException: Packet 0/26 (pn) was larger than I expected, found 166 bytes extra whilst reading packet 26

• Yesterday I was able to play minecraft with friends just fine using aternos' server. It was better than the previous server and had almost no lag but there were still some. But the issue is right now I cannot join because of having an extra packet. The full message is

"Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: Java.io.IOException: Packet 0/26 (pn) was larger than I expected, found 166 bytes extra whilst reading packet 26". I really hope this is resolved soon.

Notes:

-I am not the server admin or creator

-I tried to connect by typing in Direct connect "usernameOfFriend.aternos.me"

Minecraft Version the server is running:

My launcher:

TLauncher (In the future I will use ForgeOptifine or Optifine if available)

I have asked my friend to:

-Restart the server (Still didn't work)

Updates:

-I managed to reconnect again when the server had my friend(admin) playing in it.

-Managed to reconnect by typing in Direct connect "animal.aternos.Host:00000".

I still don't understand why I couldn't connect earlier until the admin came.

• yureitemu

Changed the title of the thread from “Cannot join friends' server” to “Connection Lost Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: Java.io.IOException: Packet 0/26 (pn) was larger than I expected, found 166 bytes extra whilst reading packet 26”.
  • Roman

Closed the thread.