Save Restoration

• My friends and I were playing on a server we've had for while and I placed a block that automatically broke everyone's game (accidentally, of course.)

We haven't had this server for very long and so I hadn't thought to back it up yet. I was wondering if there is a way to restore it to a previous save without any backups?

Here this the crash log, but I don't think it will be of much help in solving this problem since it is more of an issue with the mod we used (I've already submitted a GitHub to them.)

If anyone could help us I'd really appreciate it! :)

• My friends and I were playing on a server we've had for while and I placed a block that automatically broke everyone's game (accidentally, of course.)

What do you mean "broke everyone's game"? can you give more details of what exactly happened?

We haven't had this server for very long and so I hadn't thought to back it up yet. I was wondering if there is a way to restore it to a previous save without any backups?

The only way to restore to a previous save is using backups. But what exactly happened, is smth corrupted?

Here this the crash log, but I don't think it will be of much help in solving this problem since it is more of an issue with the mod we used (I've already submitted a GitHub to them.)

If anyone could help us I'd really appreciate it! :)

I can't find exactly the problem, there are only 3 errors that should not cause any problem, also see you joined and then left, if the server kicked you with an error share your client log.

• What do you mean "broke everyone's game"? can you give more details of what exactly happened?

Yes, sorry--everyone playing on the server/everyone who later tried to join the server when I started it again would be able to play for 0-5 seconds, and then crash with the same error. Here is my friend's client crash log, and here is mine.

The only way to restore to a previous save is using backups. But what exactly happened, is smth corrupted?

I'm not sure if something is corrupted but I don't think it is--in the client crash log it tells where the coordinates of the offending block(s) are. Basically, the mod creates a rope bridge, but will not make the bridge if there are objecting blocks stopping it from creating the bridge. When I tested this in Singleplayer, it would give me a message in chat telling me this and would detail what block it is with coordinates, however in the server it appears to have just crashed, I suppose. I tried to put a console command in where I destroy the block, but it says the chunk must be loaded for that to happen. However, since nobody can get in long enough to load a chunk, it doesn't seem possible

I can't find exactly the problem, there are only 3 errors that should not cause any problem, also see you joined and then left, if the server kicked you with an error share your client log.

Yes, the leaving was a kick with an error, here is my client crash report from the minecraft launcher when I quit the game. Is there something else you mean by client log? Like player data or something? Thank you.

• Yes, sorry--everyone playing on the server/everyone who later tried to join the server when I started it again would be able to play for 0-5 seconds, and then crash with the same error. Here is my friend's client crash log, and here is mine.

Can you share your client log and their client log? Follow the steps I sent before.

I'm not sure if something is corrupted but I don't think it is--in the client crash log it tells where the coordinates of the offending block(s) are. Basically, the mod creates a rope bridge, but will not make the bridge if there are objecting blocks stopping it from creating the bridge. When I tested this in Singleplayer, it would give me a message in chat telling me this and would detail what block it is with coordinates, however in the server it appears to have just crashed, I suppose. I tried to put a console command in where I destroy the block, but it says the chunk must be loaded for that to happen. However, since nobody can get in long enough to load a chunk, it doesn't seem possible

So there's a block that actually is crashing your game, and do you have the location / coordinates of that block right? If so, try using a too like mc edit to remove that block.

Yes, the leaving was a kick with an error, here is my client crash report from the minecraft launcher when I quit the game. Is there something else you mean by client log? Like player data or something? Thank you.

Share your client log please, follow the steps I sent before.

• I considered using MCedit but I didn't think it was for Fabric or 1.15.2, but I know little to nothing of it so I could definitely be wrong. Here is my new client log after deleting the config file, restarting minecraft, joining the server and then crashing: https://mclo.gs/WNwAmsR

• Yeah, looks like the block is still crashing your game, try using MCedit to remove the block corrupted. If you don't want to do that, the other solution would be generating a new world (first backup make a backup obviously if you'll do it).

• Thank you, but is there a version of MCedit that will work with 1.15.2 Fabric? When I look it up it seems to only go up to 1.12 and 1.7 Forge.

• I don't think there is any. Maybe try with NBTExplorer as an alternative then.

• If you even only took 10 seconds to google, you would have found worldedit supports 1.15.2 fabric. Stop spamming such useless, nonsaying posts

That solution does exist... Plus, everyone can give their own opinion, not just you.

Idk why would you think I'm a "spammer" tho?

Edited once, last by Henery ().

• Sorry everyone, I understand that conversation probably belonged in another thread--I shouldn't have asked the question about MCedit after my initial question was responded to. Thank you again Alexander, as well as WicHenery and Toothy for giving me additional options! :)

• Roman

Closed the thread.