Before I say any of this I want to mention that this is the best fully free version of a server creator, every other one has used credits but this doesn't, it lets you download any plugin for free and its amazing for that, this is just some criticism about how I've been feeling about this recently and I feel like these are out of the admins controls and more on the admins of PocketMine MP.
1. The server does not update with versions, or in other words there are no other type of wooden sign, there is no netherite armor (fixable through a plugin), there is no nether, there is no end but thats more understandable, and theres so many blocks missing from normal minecraft, you can't edit banners at all, you can't even swim.
2. No command blocks, java has it, and I get it's harder for mcpe but bedrock has command blocks too
3. No way of renaming yourself in game, in this old server I used to own we could do /rename and that was all, I was surprised to find out we couldn't in the Aternos server since it pretty much uses the same API as them.
4. Server closing after last player leaves. Again this is also understandable because it's a free server creator, but if we could pay for a 24/7 version I wouldn't mind. But from what I've read on other posts here I guess paying defeats what Aternos stands for.
5. The terrain generation for mcpe servers are horrible, its literally the same biomes repeated randomly, I wish we could use a normal survival map for it but I don't really understand these type of things, something I can applaud Aternos bedrock edition servers on is how fast they can be, I used up 3,000,000+ blocks on world edit turned into air and it didn't crash at all, and loaded in only 10secs or less.
I know with time things will get better and I only recently found out about Aternos and have been getting more into it, I hope bedrock keeps getting updates and gets up to par with their java progress right now. That will be all