Sudden Server Lag

• Hi all, sorry to bother.

We've been experiencing sudden large lag spikes on our server. It's pure vanilla with no other software installed. There are normally two to four people playing and we're fairly far apart. We have some large farms going, but nothing that should be causing this.

The console routinely says things such as:

[21:36:11] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 20524ms or 410 ticks behind

It started a few days ago after I tried to install Forge to use Morpheus and Phosphor to reduce server lag. For some reason or another the lag increased so I reverted it to a back-up I had made before Forge was installed. The lag continued however, and I'm unsure how to find out where it's coming from. At first I thought that it was coming from my giant bee farm so I stripped that down, but that didn't help. I went around stripping things down, but it keeps happening and I'm not sure where it's coming from.

Is there anything I should look out for? Or if it's just the server hardware, are there any other things I can to reduce the problem? We'd rather not install mods or plugins, but we'll do it if it'll help.

Thank you for the server and thank you for keeping it free!

EDIT: I’d like to add that none of us have any complicated machines or autofarms

• Roman

Closed the thread.