Can't join a modded server

• So, I wanted to make a server for me and my friends to use that had mods in it. I set up the modpack for "All the mods 7", downloaded the recent release of forge and pulled the mod folder into my .minecraft folder. However after doing all of this I still can't seem to load into the server it keeps giving me the error message of "Unexpected custom data from client" I also see an X next to the server that says something along the lines of "incompatible fml modded server error"

I'm not too sure what I've done wrong as I've pulled the modpack from the link in which this website gives so it should be the correct mod pack. I've checked modpack versions and they are the same so I don't know what to do.

Would appreciate some help,

thanks

• So, I wanted to make a server for me and my friends to use that had mods in it. I set up the modpack for "All the mods 7", downloaded the recent release of forge and pulled the mod folder into my .minecraft folder. However after doing all of this I still can't seem to load into the server it keeps giving me the error message of "Unexpected custom data from client" I also see an X next to the server that says something along the lines of "incompatible fml modded server error"

You might haven't install the modpack correctly while doing it manually. Can you try using curseforge launcher or any other modpack launcher and install the modpack then see if you can join the server or not