Server Memory Problems?

• Curious, supposedly we have 2100 MB of memory for the server, but today it seems laggy and I noticed that our memory for our server is set lower than expected from laggremoverplus plugin info of the server...

>....=>.... [07:50:00 INFO]: -==-=-==- Server Info -==-=-==-

[07:50:00 INFO]: >> Server TPS: 19.42

[07:50:00 INFO]: >> Total RAM: 950.0 MB

[07:50:00 INFO]: >> Free RAM: 667.49 MB

[07:50:00 INFO]: >> Used RAM: 282.51 MB

[07:50:00 INFO]: >> Entities: 223 in total.

lifelore.aternos.me
    Java
    Paper MC

• 1. The raw RAM given to the server is not displayed ingame. Plugins can't accurately display it and it's up to the game how it uses that RAM
    2. You have, according to the plugin, 667MB free RAM, which means that RAM is the very least of your concerns. CPU has way bigger impact on performance, RAM is actually negligible, if succifient as here

• 1. The raw RAM given to the server is not displayed ingame. Plugins can't accurately display it and it's up to the game how it uses that RAM
    2. You have, according to the plugin, 667MB free RAM, which means that RAM is the very least of your concerns. CPU has way bigger impact on performance, RAM is actually negligible, if succifient as here

I have used info in that plugin before to query and it did display the correct memory allocation at the time, and I've made an effort in keeping the server trim... maybe just a coincidence that we suddenly experience lag with very few plugins and few players while seeming to have a lower memory allocation... maybe it will "correct itself" in the future. Thank you for the response.

• Official Post

I checked your server and the assigned RAM is correct.

Your plugin just takes xms into account, while the maximum possible RAM usage is higher.

Idk why that plugin does that and why it worked in the past. But it's definitive wrong information coming from it.

• Thank you for checking that for us! We are getting a message in the server start up now that seems to be new... ...and it is almost unplayable laggy today...

>....WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.comphenix.net.sf.cglib.core.ReflectUtils$1 (file:/server/plugins/ProtocolLib.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain)

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.comphenix.net.sf.cglib.core.ReflectUtils$1

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

• Well, no, it really didn't say that...

[08:52:03 INFO]: >> Used RAM: 240.84 MB

[08:52:03 INFO]: >> Entities: 67 in total.

>....WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.comphenix.net.sf.cglib.core.ReflectUtils$1 (file:/server/plugins/ProtocolLib.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain)

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.comphenix.net.sf.cglib.core.ReflectUtils$1

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

But... ignore.. got it... ...just seems so much slower today.

• I believe if you check the log, that came from a different error... but I could be wrong... but no mention of "ignore" before the warning about that illegal access... as per the current available log.

I'm just guessing a migration was done to a different server at aternos?

• Roman

Closed the thread.